Home » Safari Lodges In in Kidepo Valley National Park – Hotels/Accommodations
There are several Uganda safari hotels/lodges in Kidepo Valley National Park where visitors can stay (accommodations) during their travel to Uganda.
Accommodations/lodges in Kidepo Valley National Par range from;
- Luxury safari lodges
- Midrange safari lodges
- Budget safari lodge
Luxury Uganda safari lodges in Kidepo Valley National Park
1. Kidepo Apoka Safari Lodge
Apoka safari lodges are the only high-end and best lodges in Kidepo Valley National Park.
It is located inside Kidepo national park strategically located overlooking the Narus River Valley.
The lodge was built with everything handmade by the local craftsmen with only wooden materials to avoid meddling with the natural appearance of the park.
Accommodation at Apoka safari lodge
- There are 10 expansive rooms with natural canvas walls surrounding a rocky kopje with endless views across the savannah.
- With inside sitting rooms and private verandas, there are plenty of places for you to relax, read, and sprawl during your Uganda holiday here.
- Big hand-hewn beds with soft duvets are draped with mosquito nets, hand-woven woolen carpets, extra-large plush towels, and oversized dressing gowns.
- The rooms at Apoka have been built with comfort in mind. Everything is handmade by local craftsmen, everything is large and capacious.
Midrange Uganda safari lodges in Kidepo Valley National Park
1. Kidepo Savannah Lodge
Kidepo Savannah Lodge is situated on the edge of Kidepo Valley National Park.
Being just 500 meters away from Kalokudo gate, the lodge is literally a stone’s throw from the park.
It offers unparalleled vistas of the expansive Narus Valley, Mount Morungole, and the distant mountain ranges which form the border with Southern Sudan.
The lodge is inspired by the savannah surroundings, the grasslands, and rocky outcrops, and by the Karamajong, the tribe with their typical manyattas and colorful blankets.
Accommodations at Kidepo Savannah lodge include;
- Self-contained safari tents; The Lodge has 12 beautifully appointed safari tents on raised decks.
- Non-self-contained safari tents; For visitors on a Uganda safari on budget, Kidepo Savannah Lodge offers 9 non-self-contained tents.
2. Adere Safari Lodge
Adere Safari Lodge is a midrange accommodation near Kidepo Valley National Park.
The accommodation at the lodge includes 20 self-contained chalets sleeping a maximum of 20 pax in single rooms.
This park has a comfortable lounge where you can read the in-house book collection.
3. Nga Moru Wilderness Camp
Nga Moru which also means “a place of rocks” is also a mid-range lodge in Kidepo Valley National Park.
It is positioned close outside the park boundary, also overlooking the Narus river valley that contains large groups of animals and other wildlife species.
This is a great place to relax while viewing wildlife during your Uganda vacation in Kidepo.
Accommodation at Nga Moru Wilderness Camp
- Nga Moru wilderness camp has 5 comfortable and spacious rooms/caravans,
- All rooms have en suite bathrooms and a veranda overlooking Narus valley.
- The rooms have both warm and cold showers.
Budget Uganda safari Lodges In Kidepo Valley National Park
1. Apoka Rest Camp
Apoka rest camp is found in the Kidepo valley national park are north of northern Uganda situated in the westerly Narus valley with accommodation in 10 thatched rondavels. It is managed by Uganda Wildlife Authority.
Accommodations at Apoka rest camp include;
- 16 self-contained chalets are offered at this camp which is a hostel consisting of 14 bandas. Each has 2 beds and they are not self-contained.
- Visitors intending to camp have to carry their own tent along with other camping gear.
2. Kakine & Nagusokopire Campsites
These two UWA campsites overlook the stunning Narus Valley.
A shelter, flushing toilets, water, and firewood are provided as well as a ranger guide to entertain guests with cultural stories and other local information.